Not quite Ratatouille and not quite Vegetable Tian, but something in between and just as tasty as either one.
This dish is colorful, tasty, easy to make and pretty impressive, too.
Vegan Roasted Vegetable Medley
Not quite Ratatouille and not quite Vegetable Tian, but something in between and just as tasty as either one.This dish is colorful, tasty, easy to make and pretty impressive, too.
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
we used our homemade Basil Tomato Sauce)
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 medium yam (sweet potato)
- 2 small red potatoes
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- chives, for garnish
- Prepare all of the vegetables by slicing them all about 1/4” thick. Note: Some of the vegetables will need to be halved, lengthwise, because of their size, before slicing.
- Coat an 11” x 13” glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and spread the tomato sauce in the bottom.
- Standing the sliced veggies on their edge, place on slice of each type of veggie together and then continue the pattern until the entire dish is filled.
- Combine the olive oil, garlic and Italian seasoning and mix well. Baste the top of the veggies with this mixture.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake, at 350°F, for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the foil and return the dish to the oven and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- After the additional 30 minutes, remove from the oven, garnish with the nutritional yeast and chopped chives and serve immediately.
Servings: 6 Calories per serving: 207 Protein per serving: 7.44 grams