A great substitute for traditional egg salad – but without the egg!
Place 1-1/2 cups of cooked, drained chickpeas (canned or homemade in a food processor.
Pulse the chickpeas 3 or 4 times to get a combination of slightly chunky and smooth.
Add the garlic, red onion, celery, turmeric, paprika, salt and vegan mayo.
Mix well until you have a smooth, egg salad-like consistency.
Use as a filling for a sandwich or wrap and serve with a side salad or cole slaw.
Chickpea “No-Egg” Salad
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas cooked, drained – homemade or canned
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons red onion minced
- 2 tablepoons celery minced
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- black pepper to taste
- In a food processor, pulse the chickpeas 3 or 4 times so they are a combination of slightly chunky and smooth.
- Place the processed chickpeas in a medium bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Use as a filling for a sandwich or wrap and serve with a side salad or cole slaw.