Roasted root vegetables make an amazing main dish or side dish.
They’re particularly good if you’re able to use vegetables harvested from your own garden. But, if that’s not an option, be sure to get organic ingredients, if you can.
Start by preparing the vegetables.
Pre-heat the oven with the glass baking dish and coconut oil in the oven as it heats up.
When the oven is up to heat, carefully remove the glass baking dish to a heatproof surface and add the vegetables being careful not to splash the hot oil.
Sprinkle the tossed vegetables with the Herbes de Provence and toss again.
Place in a 425°F oven for about an hour, tossing every 20 minutes.
Serve immediately as a side dish or main dish.
Roasted Root Vegetables
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion quartered
- 4 medium Russet potatoes chunked
- 3 large carrots peeled and chunked
- 3 large parsnips peeled and chunked
- ½ medium rutabaga peeled and chunked
- 1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence
- Prepare all the veggies as mentioned in the ingredients list.
- Add the coconut oil to a 9″ x 13″ glass baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F with the glass dish (with the coconut oil) in the oven as it heats up.
- When oven is up to heat, carefully remove the baking dish to a heatproof surface.
- Gently add the veggies being careful not to splash the hot oil.
- Toss the veggies in the hot oil and sprinkle with the Herbes de Provence. Then toss again.
- Return the baking dish to the oven and toss veggies every 20 minutes until done – about 1 hour.
- Serve immediately as a main dish or a side dish.