This recipe is not only amazingly easy and tasty, it is also vegan and oil-free!
Begin by gathering together all of the ingredients.
Then prepare the ingredients.
Sauté the onions, peppers, garlic and basil, per the instructions in the recipe.
Add the tomato sauce and vegan sausages and cook until bubbly and the sausage is heated through.
Serve immediately with your favorite sides and a glass of wine.
Italian Sausage and Peppers
- 1 large yellow onion halved and sliced
- 2 medium red or green bells peppers (or combination) sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (or 1 tsp dried) snipped
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 4 vegan sausages Italian flavor, sliced
- Prepare the ingredients per the ingredient list.
- Heat a skillet (I prefer cast iron) and add a little water.
- Add the onions and sauté until they become slightly translucent. Add water as necessary to keep onions from burning. This process is called “dry frying” and eliminates the need for oil.
- Add the garlic and basil and sauté for another minute or so.
- Add the tomato sauce and stir well.
- Add the sliced vegan sausages and cook until the sauce is hot and bubbly and the sausages are warmed through.
- Serve with your choice of sides dishes. With this recipe we served it with sugar snap peas, corn on the cob, spaghetti and a full-bodied red wine.