These are our favorite pancakes to make. Give them a try! They’re tasty, easy to make and good for you, too!
Check out the complete recipe – and video – below!
Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, Vegan Pancakes
We like this recipe so much, we have it memorized! It’s usually our choice for a lazy Sunday morning breakfast.You’ll be surprised at how much protein this tasty breakfast has!Top with your favorite fruit and/or maple syrup.
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tip: You may find that you need to add more milk to the batter as it can thicken up pretty quickly. So have some extra milk on hand.
- Heat your oven to the LOWEST temperature it has. (The lowest temperature in our oven is 170°F.)
- Place your plates in the oven to warm. You’ll also be placing the first batch of pancakes in the oven to keep them warm while you cook the next batch.)
- Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat. Use a non-stick skillet or spray with cooking spray.
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender, milk first. Tip: Putting the milk in first helps all the other ingredients blend together more easily with clogging or stalling the blender.
- Slowly increase the blending speed to maximum until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Pour about 1/4 of a cup of batter, per pancake, into the hot skillet.Note: We usually cook 3-4 pancakes at a time in our skillet.
- Cook each side about 2-4 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Keep cooked pancakes warm in the oven while the rest are cooking.
- Once all the pancakes are ready, serve immediately, on the warm plates, with toppings of your choice, eg berries, applesauce, maple syrup, etc.
Servings: 2 (approx. 4 pancakes per serving) Calories per serving: 514 Protein per serving: 20.54 grams